Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Alleged! The article states!

And here I was about to write something nice and light, when I came across this article. It also happens to be a day when I discussed my views of Turkey's future with a class of Tefl adults, so I was already primed to the pump so to speak. It's true that even in the U.S. the theory of evolution is being restricted in certain more religious states, but unfortunately this newest tragedy added to all the other little restrictions happening in Turkey, is becoming too much to bear. I would hope that the newspaper uses irony when it states "alleged" creeping of Islam. When we finally become an Islamic state wearing burka's with no freedom of speech or thought, then will they finally admit that perhaps we had a point to be worried! That we are not just making a mountain out of a molehill. We are being infiltrated and turned into sheep with restrictions on education and freedom of speech. If these basic rights are taken away, then how does a nation discuss, argue new points of view and learn to grow! Damn we are going to hell in a hand basket. Yes, I will try to write something light as soon as I've calmed down-sorry friends. P.S. Just in case it passes through anyone's head that I should say all this to Speigel I just did..feel a lot better even if it doesn't get published!

No comments: