Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heat...

My mind lingers on the memory of snow! Not just any snow, but crisp, fresh, firmly packed snow. The kind that squeeks under your feet as you walk through an enchanted forest of white! Alas...
Sweat runs down my back dripping between my ass, to slowly find its way down my legs, it has company, as a race is on its way, as sweat also drips down my breasts, between my legs to meet up together somewhere between my knees. Nearly naked but for a thin covering of a dress, the fan has become my dearest friend, my bed mate, yet it is not enough...37C heat, with no wind..the slightest breeze becomes a luxury. The sea glistens in the sunlight, jumping in,nieces and all, the salt stings as you open your eyes-a momentary respite from the heat..too hot to move, to think, to sleep...
Yet..between 8 am and 9am, the weather is fresh, the water is crisp, and solitude is mine, a quiet cove on the beach, with noone in sight, a slight ripple of waves and water so clear you can see the bottom, I slowly do a back stroke, mindless but for the coolness of the waves, my body recovers from its sleepness night, the water strokes my skin, as it calms my mind...savoring the memory now as I savor the memory of the snow..

No comments: