Sunday, November 15, 2009

Words and their usage!

Such a simple thing we take it for granted but for ages!!! I've been searching for a phrase in french to satisfy "I'm just teasing you a bit"...and finally I came across "j'ai plaisante"perhaps I had heard it before and it never registered, that does happen, yet right now..ahh it feels like a locked door has opened inside me..which is forever closed at the moment in the world of Czech...the feeling of infinite gratitude when someone manages to speak a little bit of English (or french) is unexplainable.
Also,in reading Gilbert Sinoue, Avicenne,I've come across an expression which is a bit antiquated (from what I've been told) yet, I like the way it sounds and translates.
"Mon bien aime" my best loved, perhaps because "mon amour" has been used so often in literature and the media, that it's lost its presence for me...
Of course they all have their place and quand tu fais l'amour, to say "mon bien aime" is perhaps a bit long..so might I suggest another simple one.."mon coeur"!
Look forward to hearing other suggestions..smiling..

No comments: