Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring is in the Air



Okay, I must admit,we haven't had much of a winter at least in Istanbul (which I'm aware is bad for the environment and truly am worried) but....it's beautiful to have the sun shining and birds chirping! Makes me feel like I can conquer the world again.. Smiling (Now if only I could lose those extra pounds..sigh) Life actually feels good, found a great bookstore where I can sit and read books (in english!) in the store and what a selection from Art to History.. as well as free internet..hmm I'm in heaven-smiling. Sometimes, this city doesn't cease to amaze me. In some ways Istanbul feels like New York, coffee-cafe's- English on the streets,expensive stores. However, that lasts as long as you don't look too carefully..then you venture into unstable politics, social reforms, a youth lost between western and middle eastern culture.. Also, it will be interesting to see what the work environment will have to offer-alas if I can ever get into it not to mention the social...
p.s. Thanks for the insightful comment made my day!

No comments: