Monday, March 12, 2007

Empowered I like that word..

14th C.Walrus tooth chess piece-Gotland Museum
It has an interesting ring to it! Being interested in literature I know that words have a power on their own and this was one word I never considered 'empowered'. A friend of mine used it in describing her state of being in her current relationship. What does it take to feel that way?? I asked myself and came up with this basically,

if you can walk away from a relationship without getting hurt (too badly) then you are empowered.
if you can leave a job at a moments notice-
if you can wake up in the morning and smile for no reason-look at the sky and enjoy the beauty of the day-then life hasn't gotten you down you are empowered.
if you have options that allow you to change your life whether or not you use them, knowing that they are there-
most important if you can look back at your life and not feel too much regret (it's impossible not to feel any) and smile then.....

And right now, I feel empowered, jobless I might be but not without hope and choices seem to be popping up every day now. I've also begun to realize that I've lead an interesting life which I should be proud of....

2 comments:

koala said...

It's good to hear you sounding positive again... and yes, empowerment is a wonderfull thing! But with the relationship comment I guess it depends on degrees - if you can walk away from one and feel little loss then perhaps it never meant so much at the end? But I quibble!!

aylinka said...

Quibble you?! Never!you know as well as I how strong some relationships affect you-and if you are strong enough to go on even after that-that's what's important. Thanks for the encouragement always appreciated.