Sunday, March 04, 2007

A day in Bebek Kahvesi...


Sitting by the sea in a crowded cafe, filled with the cacophony of dice and smoke-roll, slam, drop to the floor. Curse,crawl on hands and knees in search of the lost culprit. Backgammon, a game that goes back centuries, to be played during times of stress and relaxation. Lulled by the sound and smoke my mind wanders..time ceases to exist. Yet my heart still aches..a sign that I'm not dead yet. Do I believe in coincidence? Destiny? Someone I've just met,says don't give up-Yigilma...dare to believe in your dreams. Why when I've almost given up, do I get a second chance-from friends and strangers alike? Made to sound so simple, tout commence par des reves! My own motto, comes back to haunt me! Tea flows from tray to table-a never ending tide, strong, dark and unmistakably Oriental, a tradition as old as the game. To have what you want, what do you have to give up? Photos displayed on the wall for others to see and enjoy, a testimony to a life spent traveling..live,learn and love. Is life really so simple?

No comments: