Friday, August 22, 2008

Life is not so grey...

After making a few decisions, hopefully in the right direction, I feel a little less like a fish out of water.  Today, its a bit strange I've forgotten how diverse New York is. I've laughed quite a bit, I also realize that I have more of a sense of humour then your average New Yorker! But luckily this being New York no one looked at me too strangely. Looking around you see people dressed so that all you see are a long pair of legs, a costume from the 1930's middle america, a man walking and cursing down the street only to stop...and kiss his girlfriend. Bodies that look like models, sitting in cafes full to overflowing...Well basically it has been an interesting day observing tout le monde..so where do I fit in...at the moment just as an observer. I miss France, Europe in General, but no matter how much I would like to think differently...I don't belong there..sigh! laughing  I must have the strangest accent now, I've been asked three times where it's from! Always the same shocked expression when I say Turkish..I've become mysterious....me! Must admit it was hell overseas, being Turkish and American, neither one of which is too well accepted. Had to improvise and say bit of both, which was getting annoying since I'm really neither. 
Tout commence par des reves..true still stand by it..look at Shane and Aurore, who would have thought, good luck to both of you!
..running out of battery must leave now from this used bookstore dedicated to the homeless..

1 comment:

Wikine said...

Good luck Aylinka! I hope you'll finally settle down in NY, since that's where you've gone back to. I'm sure in the end you'll find yourself (if that makes sense in English). Maybe being made of different things (nationalities, countries, opposite aims in life, etc...) is what defines you. You don't have to be only one thing! You can be many things put altogether. Shane and I love you the way you are! All the different aspects of yourself make you so interesting! And yes, all things start with dreams...