Tuesday, September 16, 2008

to sleep or not to sleep

that really is the question..whether or not to dream or perhaps to fall into the arms of morpheus..an age old question since Shakespeares time..what I wouldn't give for a peaceful nights sleep..not to wake up, and think of all manner of strange and exasperating scenario's. The mind works in mysterious ways, but why mostly at night??
so this resident night owl, will write by moonlight, while all the worlds asleep..If anyone finds Mr.Sandman, send him to me, although..living in the modern city "which never sleeps" there are a million and one sounds at night, from people going and coming from work, the wood floors and furniture creaking and settling (disturbing really till you get accustomed to it) the ambulances and trucks down whizzing down the streets..the deli (bakkal like) starting to open at 3 am preparing for the day ahead, to the least a wind chime, tinkling with the wind..all these noises one hears so much better at night, and jumps at the least possible sound...
It's four thirty, and I've been up since three..if ever I had a child, I would be prepared..I'm off to bed, again..I understand why people take sleeping pills..ahh the sound of the industrial sized air conditioner..forgotten that one!
good night to all..j'espere...

No comments: