Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'll stop here...

I came across the love affair between Edith Piaf and Marcel Cerdan, recounted through their letters in the book "Moi pour Toi"..I didn't know the story of the boxer and the singer.. these letters are completely personal, and tragic...he dies about a year after their relationship in a plane crash trying to get to her...I can't keep reading it, but will include some excerpts, it doesn't matter who wrote it.
(sorry that it is in french)

A demain, mon amour. Sois fort pour deux, j'en ai besoin. Je t'aime deraisonnablement, anormalement, follement et je n'y puis rien. Serre-moi par la pensee dans tes bras et dis toi que rien au monde ne compte en dehors de toi pour moi.

Mon amour est plus fort que jamais et n'espere plus qu'en tes bras, ta bouche, tes mains, tes yeux et je suis a toi de toute mon ame. Toi moi.

Oh cherie, comme je t'aime mais vraiment, tu sais. Je ne sais pas ce qu'il m'arrive, je dois rever, je sui au paradis avec toi.

Je t'aime a en crever.

Mon bel amour que j'adore.

Je t'aimerais n'importe comment, meme assassin.

Tout et ma vie, toute ma vie.

Mon amour qui est grand, plus grand que l'immensite..

I'll end my little discourse on love, with Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.



No comments: